Benefits of Remodeling Your Kitchen
The kitchen is usually one of the busiest rooms in any home. You cook in it, eat in it, and do dishes there. So, doesn’t it make sense that your time spent there should be enjoyable? Remodeling your kitchen comes with a lot of benefits!
- Bigger and more functional spaces: A kitchen remodel is an excellent way to upgrade your cooking skills. By changing the layout, installing new appliances, and adding proper lighting, you can turn your kitchen into a space where you can thrive instead of just preparing meals.
- More comfort: A kitchen remodel allows you to add features that will make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable, such as an updraft ventilation system and windows to let in the fresh air and natural light. Proper ventilation can also help improve a kitchen’s air quality, which is especially beneficial for those with allergies or sensitivities to strong smells. Other features to consider include comfortable seating or an air purification system.
- Safer Space: According to the Department of Energy, stoves can emit toxic pollutants such as nitrogen dioxide. These harmful contaminants can be eliminated by installing appliances such as a range hood in your kitchen so that the air is safe. Other safety features that you might want to consider installing during your remodel include slip-resistant flooring, proper lighting, and accessible storage space for a fire extinguisher.
- More Storage: Improve your kitchen’s organization and declutter it during your remodel by installing our storage solutions. Our affordable options include under-counter island cabinets, customer drawer organizers, or a pull-out that fits under your sink. You could also increase shelves to create more space for dishes, pots, pans, Tupperware–anything you need to be stored!
- More Energy Efficiency: If you’re looking to save energy and become more environmentally friendly, consider these easy tips for your kitchen remodel. Changing all light bulbs to LEDs can reduce energy consumption by up to 70%. You could also upgrade fixtures like faucets and water heaters to versions that use less water or heat it on demand, respectively. These simple changes add up quickly in terms of conserving resources and saving money on utility bills.
- Add Value to your home: According to 69% of realtors, having a quality kitchen is the biggest selling point for a home. Not only does this type of remodeling have a relatively high ROI—recovering up to 60% of what you put into it—but it will also help your home sell more quickly and at a higher price.
At GWP Builders Inc, our number one priority is that you’re pleased with your kitchen remodel project. To begin working towards your dream kitchen, visit us in Arlington, Virginia, and don’t forget to bring any ideas or current floor plans! We will give you a realistic estimate and consultation so we can start planning the nitty-gritty of what YOU want out of this process.
Read More: 🔽