Kitchen Remodeling Trends
Several factors make a gorgeously designed kitchen necessary. Most notably, it is usually the room where we spend the most time with our loved ones, cooking meals or eating them – or even just hanging out and talking. Furthermore, it’s crucial to remember that a beautiful and functional kitchen can increase a home’s resale value.
Experts and interior designers agree: that these 10 kitchen remodel ideas will be trending in 2023. Out with the old, in with the new!
- All-White is Out: The all-white trend has come to an end. Over the past several years, we have seen more use of white walls, tiles, and marble. Now people are desiring something different and designers are introducing color back into the design which we love! In the next few years, white-on-white kitchens will become dated. So, what color should replace it? There is no definite answer; new kitchens will likely have two or three different colors that work well together. Monochromatic kitchens can appear bland and lacking interest. Two colors in a kitchen, however, can make elevate the area while still maintaining a classic look. Additionally, dark wood cabinetry is becoming popular again. For many years, white oak cabinets have been the dominant force in kitchen design. However, that era is coming to an end, and we will start seeing more kitchens with darker colors. The correct brown cabinet is timeless and can be mixed with so many other fantastic finishes.
- Open Kitchens: The current debate in the design world is whether open floor plans, particularly open kitchens, are beneficial or not. While some argue it’s a practical choice, many homeowners have grown tired of this style post-pandemic and would rather close up their kitchen walls again.
Many of our clients who host gatherings often or have large families want more than an open floor plan, they’re requesting we help them build walls to separate their kitchens from dining rooms and sitting areas. This creates a cozier, compartmentalized feel that is becoming increasingly popular as people curate their own unique spaces.
- Upper Cabinets: The standard, closed upper cabinets are slowly becoming less popular and will eventually be replaced by open shelving. The days of having to hide your dishes away in enclosed spaces are ending- now is your chance to show off your style with some beautifully arranged open shelves. Not only is this a great way to save money, but it’s also an opportunity for you to express yourself creatively.
- It’s all about the finishes: In 2023, kitchen trends will be about authenticity and keeping it natural. The luxury consumer is no longer interested in fake materials (such as quartz that looks like marble). For the discerning client, only natural stone for floors, countertops, and backsplash will do. It is a classic look for the kitchen that transcends trends.
- Marble countertops: Carrera marble is a gorgeous, popular material that has unfortunately become way too common. In 2023, we predict it will be used much less often. Marble in general has been overused and consequently degraded in quality; it’s hard to find a good slab now.
- Appliances location: The new standard for years to come is saying no to putting appliances over the range. Making a fabulous design feature out of the space above your range far outweighs the utilitarian trend of using that area to house an appliance. Some people might say it’s a shame not to claim this upper cabinet section for added storage or an appliance; however, doing so will provide you with many more aesthetic options in your kitchen.
- Aesthetics and Style: Organic aesthetics are starting to look outdated. If you want your kitchen to look modern, avoid light colors. Instead, opt for darker shades like green, black, and blue. You could even go so far as to get cabinets the color of merlot wine with countertops that have more personality—such as marble.
When you’re ready to invest in your kitchen remodel project, choose a company you can rely on, choose GWP Builders Inc. Our team of designers is ready to start discussing the kitchen of your dreams! Give us a call today!
Read More: 🔽