If you’re thinking about ways to enhance your home, renovating is a great option that can also potentially add extra value to your property.
Depending on the scope of your project, there are various rooms you could focus on. But if cost is a significant factor for you and you can only afford to remodel one room, experts say the kitchen would be the best bet. It’s been estimated that installing a new kitchen could improve your home’s resale value by up to 6%. Plus, it’s typically one of the most essential rooms prospective buyers look at when considering purchasing a house–so it pays (literally) to invest in making it look amazing.
Before you start your kitchen remodel, here are the top things to think about. Plus, our tips on remodeling your kitchen on a budget and the dos and don’ts of kitchen redesign.
- What do you want to achieve with your kitchen remodel?
Before you start planning your kitchen remodeling project, figure out what exactly you want to achieve. This will help the process run more smoothly and ensure that everyone involved knows what the goal is from the beginning. include thinking about things like better utilization of space, extra functionality, or integration with other areas of your home– not just how it will look in terms of aesthetics.
- Set a budget
It’s crucial to take into account both your budget and the value of your property before you decide to renovate your kitchen. There would be no point in wasting $20,000 on a luxurious new kitchen if your home is only worth $200,000 because you won’t make that money back. Similarly, redoing a kitchen cheaply could decrease the value of a house that’s worth half a million dollars or more. Before you purchase anything, be sure to do your research and have a cost estimate in mind. This will help ensure you get the most bang for your buck and avoid overspending. By understanding how much you can realistically invest, and what kind of return on investment you can expect, you can start planning your dream kitchen with confidence.
- Think of the appliances carefully
A lot of homeowners choose to leave appliances until the very end when they are planning their kitchen remodel. This can lead to problems like going over budget or having to pay for unexpected costs. It is important to plan carefully and not go for lower-quality products because it could cost you more in the long run. When it’s time to look for the appliances, you should consider Quality and durability, Energy efficiency, Sizes, Features, Functionality, Accessibility, and ease of use.
There’s no definitive answer for how much you should spend on new kitchen appliances. The quality and range of appliances you go for will depend on your overall budget; however, built-in appliances are usually the most effective solution since they fit perfectly within the dimensions of your kitchen and give a more seamless, elegant finish. Generally, you should leave about 20% of your budget to accommodate new appliances.
- Decide your colors
If you want to renovate your home but still keep it looking neutral for future buyers, go for light colors. White kitchen cabinets are especially in demand as they give off a clean and bright vibe that will appeal to anyone looking at your property. But If you’re looking to renovate your kitchen for a change in the scenery rather than because you plan on selling, then have at it! Be as creative as possible. Pick an overall aesthetic that you want your kitchen to embody. For example, would you prefer an extravagant Italian-style kitchen or something more contemporary? The look you choose will guide the color palette.
- Pick the materials: If you want a more elevated look, go for wooden, marble, or granite work surfaces. Wooden surfaces provide character and warmth without damaging your wallet. Review different offers to get the best price possible or check out your neighborhood lumber yard.
- Consider how to use the space: A butler’s pantry is a very sought-after feature as it can conceal many items. In general, the more storage space you have in your kitchen, the better off you will be–this is especially true for those with large families. If you have extra space in your home, investing in a butler’s pantry is worth considering. For those who don’t have as much available space, try to figure out how you can make efficient use of what little room there is; additionally, take a look at our tips on designing a small kitchen or making tiny kitchens appear bigger. Kitchen appliances that fit perfectly into your new kitchen design will save you space. The best built-in appliances have both a sleek modern appearance and reliable technology to make your life easier. If you’re short on space, consider getting a slimline dishwasher or combination washer/dryer instead of two separate machines.
- Get professional help: You might have an idea in your head of how you want your kitchen to look and function, but this does not mean you can develop the project on your own. Unless you are a professional contractor or designer, you should get the help of a professional company that is experienced and knowledgeable about these things. You don’t want to waste this huge investment in something that might turn out to be not what you wanted.
Now that you know the basic information about kitchen remodeling, let’s discuss your project! Here at GWP Builders Inc., are ready to make the kitchen of your dreams, a reality! Give us a call today!
Read More: 🔽